Monday, November 10, 2014

Titus 1:1-9, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 17:1-6

Daily Holy Mass Readings
 
Titus 1:1-9, Psalm 24:1-6, Luke 17:1-6
 
 
Titus 1:1-9
 
My Beloved, anyone who is called to serve in whatever capacity according to Your will must strive to lead upright and blameless lives.  Their service must lead the ones they serve to believe and grow in their knowledge of the Truth.

Those who are called to serve must not be a source of scandal which will weaken the faith of members of the family of God, rather they are called to be, ".....  hospitable, a lover of what is good, wise, up­­right, devout and self-controlled. He must hold to the message of faith just as it was taught, so that, in his turn, he may teach sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it."
 
My Beloved, our life must be a constant battle against the weaknesses to which we are so prone due to the concupiscence of the flesh.  As children of God and members of the Church, we are called to be holy and perfect which is impossible unless we live in fellowship with the Church and the Holy Spirit.
 
Psalm 24:1-6
 
My Beloved, I am reminded in these verses that everything belongs to You and this includes me. I am only a speck yet I am called to the same holiness and perfection as my Father in heaven.  This is my calling and this is my destiny.  My final home is with You eternally.  Thank You for the Sacrament of Reconciliation which enables me to have clean hands and a pure heart.

I am a sinner vain and silly.  For me it is a constant battle to seek the things of god and to discipline my flesh which for the most part is difficult.  Were it not for Your grace, constant strength and abiding Presence I would have fallen by the wayside a long time ago.

Help me my Beloved to obtain the inheritance that God desires to give me.
 
Luke 17:1-6
 
My Beloved, You know well that many will be lost along the way although all are saved by Your atoning sacrifice because many will refuse salvation.  However if those who are called to serve in great or little ways scandalize anyone by their sinful living in direct contradiction to what they preach and teach, should they who are called to impart the faith teach error, or cause anyone to stumble and fall,, then You tell us in no uncertain terms that we would be better dead.
 
We are all so sensitive to our own feelings and our egos are so fragile yet, You call us to forgive readily and to forgive always.  Never to harbor a grudge against anyone.  It seems like too much to ask from a fallen human race but while it is true that we have fallen it is equally true that we are redeemed.  You assure us that genuine faith even if it is the size of a mustard seed has the power to make possible what seems impossible.
 
Beloved Lord! Increase my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment