Sunday, October 12, 2014

Isaiah 25:6-10, Psalm 23:1-6, Philippians 4:12-14 & 19-20, Matthew 22:1-14

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 25:6-10, Psalm 23:1-6, Philippians 4:12-14 & 19-20, Matthew 22:1-14

Created, Called, Chosen
Isaiah 25:6-10


My Beloved, God deigns to dwell in His fullness in the Church You have established with You as her Head.  In the Church is prepared a banquet with the sweetest wine and the finest wheat. Here You invite all to come and be set free from the shroud of sin that casts a pall over the world which is dead to the spirit of Truth, Life and Love, here we will find wholeness, comfort, hope and peace.  

The world can offer nothing except that which steals, plunders and kills for it is filled with vice, greed and violence, no one is spared but those who come to You will be consoled.  You wipe away the tears of the the poor, the forgotten, the rejected, the dejected and the castaways that the world has turned its back on and ground under its heel.  These You invite to ascend Your holy mountain where You dwell, all who come to You will rejoice and be saved for Your Face will shine on all and Your merciful love will rest on all who come to You.

Psalm 23:1-6


I am Your sheep Lord.  I do nothing for I can do nothing and so You do it all for me.  You lead me so I will not stray, You carry me when I am too weary to make it on my own.  You feed me on Yourself and strengthen me, You quench my thirst from springs that stream forth from Your heart with living water and You give me life.  You let me rest on Your breast and You restore my weary spirit.  I do not fear death nor the dark, nor do I fear the enemy for You my Good Shepherd are with me always and when the time comes and  my days on earth draw to a close, You will receive my last breath and my soul and You will grant that my next breath will be drawn in heaven in the company of Your angels and saints.  My voice will unite  with theirs and will praise and glorify You my Lord and my God forever and ever. 

Philippians 4:12-14 & 19-20


My Beloved, all we have we have received through Your bounty grant that I may be satisfied always with what I have and when I have not, to cheerfully go without for even in want I always have You and having You I have everything.  Give me a generous heart and a compassionate spirit ready to share all especially with those who have consecrated their lives to You.

Thank You for granting me strength to bear the burdens and crosses You have sent over the course of my life, they have shaped me into person You are molding me to be.  Thank You for my faith that assures me that You will always provide all I shall ever need.  You are God and in You are found all the riches and treasures of the Kingdom.  Thank You Father, Son and Holy Spirit for Your incomparable Word which gives life. 

Matthew 22:1-14


My Beloved, we are citizens of heaven and the Kingdom of God belongs to us who are baptized and are partakers of the divinely instituted Sacraments.  To us the gates are thrown wide open and each of us hear Your invitation all the time to come to the feast prepared for those who belong to the family of God.

Too often the world lures us and the noise of the voices in it distracts  and deafens us so we can no longer the gentle voice of the Spirit.  Too often even hearing we allow ourselves to be tempted and drawn away from the things that give life to those that bring death to the soul and the spirit.  Yet, You are patient and You do not turn away from us in anger nor to You reject us despite our selfishness and ingratitude.

To the very end, You call, You are the divine Love who constantly woos us and if ware lost my Beloved it is because we have chosen to ignore You and Your invitation to feast at the Banquet.

We have been called, chosen and are welcome but many prefer to be non committal.  Have mercy Lord hear the prayers of the few and save the many for You have won for us infinite merit by Your life, passion, death, resurrection and ascension.

No comments:

Post a Comment