Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Galatians 5:1-6, Psalm 119:41, 43-45 & 47-48, Luke 11:37-41

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Galatians 5:1-6, Psalm 119:41, 43-45 & 47-48, Luke 11:37-41

Galatians 5:1-6


My Beloved, You have really and truly set us free from the bonds of sin.  This freedom is given fully and freely to us and it is a gift that we receive from You. However, it is also possible to refuse this freedom and deliberately choose to yoke ourselves to sin.  The choice is ours to make but let us be aware that our choices have eternal consequences.  

If I choose sin then I must accept the wages of sin which is death.

There is no way to keep myself righteous before God on my own strength and will.  By following rituals and customs I cannot become righteous before God rather I must remember that it is all grace freely given to all in You, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Faith in You must be the catalyst through which I act in love for God and neighbor.

Psalm 119:41, 43-45 & 47-48

My Beloved, truth is the hallmark of those who love You.  Your Word provides all the hope we need for it speaks of Your unconditional love for us.  The truth of Your Word is a lamp that lights our way and keeps us on the paths of righteousness.  If I abide by Your Word I will walking the freedom that is granted to the sons and daughter of God almighty.

Your Word upholds all things and provides all the hope and confidence we need to live in holiness all the days of our lives.

Luke 11:37-41

My Beloved, what was the motive behind the Pharisee's invitation to You to dine with him?  Knowing well how You paid no attention to the rituals and customs that they held on to so dearly believing themselves righteous for upholding their human traditions, did he hope to show you up before his fellow Pharisees?

When You sat down to dine without performing the ritual washing of hands he thought he had his 'aha' moment while he sat in judgement on You in the secret place of his mind and heart. But nothing is hidden from You my Beloved.  Reading his self-righteous thoughts You lost no opportunity to reveal his uncharitable thoughts and to teach him and the rest of the guests present what was acceptable in the eyes of God. Hypocrites who consider themselves in right standing with God believing they are saved by their outward acts of piety deceive themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment