Thursday, October 23, 2014

Ephesians 3:14-21, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, Luke 12:49-53

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS


Ephesians 3:14-21, Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19, Luke 12:49-53

Ephesians 3:14-21

Father in heaven I fall on my knees before You, it is from You that every family in heaven and on earth receives it's true name.  
I ask You Lord from the wealth of Your glory to give me power through Your Holy Spirit to be strong in my inner self.  I pray that You my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ might make Your home in my heart through faith.  
I pray that I may have my roots and foundation in love so that I together with all God's people may have the power understand how broad and long how deep and high is Christ's love. 
Yes, may I come to know His love although it can never be fully known and so be filled by the very nature of God.  To You O Holy Spirit who by means of Your power working in me is able to do so much more than I can ever ask for or think of and to God be the glory in the Church and in Christ Jesus for all time forever and ever. Amen.

Psalm 33:1-2, 4-5, 11-12, 18-19

Verse 4
For upright is the Lord’s word

and worthy of trust is his work.

The Word of God is the Word of truth, Light and Life.  One can put all one's trust in the Word for it never fails.

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord –

the people he has chosen for his inheritance.

You my Beloved assure us that I am blessed because I am chosen by God to be His inheritance.

18 But the Lord’s eyes are upon those who fear him,
upon those who trust in his loving-kindness
19 to deliver them from death

and preserve them from famine.

Truly Lord, a holy fear of God is to be desired and embraced for You fix Your gaze with love and tenderness on those who recognize their nothingness before You.  They tremble in awe at the knowledge of Your purpose in creating them which is love and they desire never to offend You by committing sin and to to respond to Your love.  I can trust You to preserve me from eternal death and I am grateful that You desire to seat me at Your banqueting table and partake of You in the awesome Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist.

Luke 12:49-53

My Beloved, You came to cast the fire of the Holy Spirit on the world in order to purify us and render us pleasing to God.  You knew from the first that You had to be baptized into our death which was brought about by our sin. Our souls were dead and You had to take on our sin and our punishment so that by entering into our death You could raise us to new life in You.

Your Soul continues to be in anguish because so many still do not know You or knowing You turn away from You, indifferent to Your atoning sacrifice.

Help us not to succumb to evil in the face of persecution even if it means being denied and ostracized by our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment