Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ezekiel 18:25-28, Philippines 2:1-11, Psalm 25:4-9, Matthew 21:28-32

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ezekiel 18:25-28, Philippines 2:1-11, Psalm 25:4-9,Matthew 21:28-32

Ezekiel 18:25-28

My Beloved, we thank God who is Your Father and ours for His immense compassion and mercy.  He sent You to be our Savior, Your life was the ransom paid for  our sins and this is why sinners are given every opportunity to repent.  The good thief received pardon and the promise of paradise.  Mary Magdalene's repentance and conversion were possible because she did not die before shes ought forgiveness, healing and pardon from You. You do not condemn sinners but give them time even to the last to seek Your forgiveness.  Thank You Lord who are the hope and refuge of sinners.

Philippines 2:1-11

My Beloved, generally it is a lack of humility that makes us overly sensitive to receiving good advice.  We assume that the person who offers it is being critical yet it is not always. St.Paul though is aware of this weakness and offers advise so gently and lovingly that one cannot but accept it as coming from one who speaks in Your Name. It is impossible to do anything right if one lacks authentic humility.

True union is possible when we consider that we are all equals as sons and daughters of God and Your brothers and sisters.  When I treat my fellow Christians with respect and considerations recognizing that we each have gifts that are to be used for the good all, then we will have a genuine appreciation of each other.

We must put the interests and the good of others ahead of our own if love is genuine and our best example is You my Beloved.  How beautifully St. Paul expressed how humble Your were even though You are God.  You obeyed and embraced the will of Your Father in perfect love and humility, becoming a Servant in order to serve so perfectly even permitting Your death on the Cross.  IS it any wonder My Beloved that God has raised You up and given You all glory, honor and power!

In You alone is salvation found and in no other and this is in perfect accordance with the will of the Father.

Psalm 25:4-9

My Beloved, I am Your little nothing - do with me as You will.  Teach me, lead me, guide me, instruct me.  Pick me up when I stumble and if I should fall, raise me up.  Grant that I may walk in the light of Your truth.  I have sinned greatly Lord blot out my sins from Your memory, forget my past Lord because You love me and You are my Savior, Redeemer and Spouse.  Keep me little and humble, aware always that I am a sinner and always in need of Your saving help.

Matthew 21:28-32

My Beloved, without humility it is not possible to either repent or to believe.  Pride is a stumbling block that shuts the gates of heaven in our face.  We can fool men but we cannot fool You.  We might make a great outward show of piety and parade our good works before men and it may seem to the world as if we are Your most ardent followers but You who see all and know our hearts and minds are aware that all our good works are nothing but filthy rags.  Rather it is the one we sneer at, belittle, look down upon and are judgmental about who will be seated in places of honor at the eternal banquet.  

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment