Tuesday, September 9, 2014

1 Corinthians 6:1-11, Psalm 149:1-6, & 9, Luke 6:12-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Corinthians 6:1-11, Psalm 149:1-6, & 9, Luke 6:12-19

1 Corinthians 6:1-11

My Beloved, as children of the Light, baptized into Your Body and as members of Your Holy Church, we are called to judge the world not be judged by it.  The ways of the world are in direct opposition to God's law and we allow our morals to be shaped by them.  The immoral culture has seeped into every areas of our lives even the Church has not been spared as some of her shepherds are swayed by the foul winds of the world leading many sheep astray.

Grant us Your wisdom my Beloved so we may have holiness of heart.

Psalm 149:1-6, & 9

My Beloved, Your Word tells me that You delight in me.  You make it possible for me to walk in light and grace.  You pour joy like oil upon my soul and make me glad.  Your Name is on my lips from the moment I wake at dawn, at night as I lie in bed waiting for sleep, Yours is the Name that blesses me through the night.  In all my waking hours it is through Your Name that I offer praise to the Most High God. Your Name my Beloved is my delight.

Luke 6:12-19

My Beloved, God directs are steps when we seek Him in prayer this is why You often left the crowds and the twelve and spent hours and often the whole night in prayer.

You chose the 12 only praying about it with Your Father and seeking His approval.  You spent the nights in prayer and the days in doing the work for which You had come into the world.  Those whom You called, the chosen were not just figureheads but they worked in close collaboration with You.  They had You for the Teacher, Guide, Friend and Protector.

Wherever You went crowds gathered, they were hungry, thirsty and sick. You touched each one of them, permitted them to touch You and gave them what they had come seeking. No one who approached You went away disappointed.

Verse 19 "The entire crowd tried to touch him because of the power that went out from him and healed them all."

My Beloved, may Your power emanate from me and strengthen and comfort all whose lives I touch each day.  Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment