Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Song of Songs 3:1-4, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, John 20:1-2, 11-18

 FEAST OF ST. MARY MAGDALENE

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Song of Songs 3:1-4, Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9, John 20:1-2, 11-18


Song of Songs 3:1-4

My Beloved, we will not find You if we do not seek You.  No wonder the psalmist says, "I rise before dawn." You too rose before dawn to seek Your Father in prayer setting an example for me to rise before dawn as well.

Only when I leave my bed and seek You in silence, mediate on Your Word, raise my heart, my mind, my soul and my spirit to You will You come to me like the dawn that steals across the sky and slowly but surely lights up the sky beginning with silver grey, to peach, pink and finally to fiery red.  When I seek You, I will find You Beloved of my soul and Delight of my life.

Psalm 63:2-6, 8-9

My Beloved, I cry out with the psalmist and unite my cry of longing with that of every soul from the first to the last for perfect and complete and complete union with You my Lord and my God.  I cannot bear to contemplate life without You and Your love.  Without You life loses its savor and has no meaning or purpose.

I thank You my Life and my Love for longing for me even more than I could ever  hope to love and long for You because I am too small and weak.  Thank You for drawing me into Your Heart and for consuming me in the blazing furnace of Your love each time I receive You in the Eucharist.

Having You I have all things.  Keep me always close to Your side, next to Your Heart and will b e content and blissfully happy.

John 20:1-2, 11-18

My Beloved, just as the heavy curtain separating the Holy of Holies in the Sanctuary was ripped from top to bottom when You gave up Your Spirit to Your Father and died on the Cross permitting all who love You direct access to You.  So too my Beloved when the stone which sealed the tomb which swallowed You in death was rolled away and You rose again, You crushed death under Your heel and gave all who believe new hope and life in You.

My Beloved, we are privileged to enter Your Sanctuary in any adoration chapel in the world and we behold Your Face and we prostrate before You in adoration and worship.  We look at the empty tomb where death could not hold You and and we believe that just as You shared our death, we share Your Life and someday eternal life in perfect union with You in heaven.

My Spouse, my Beloved, my Brother, my Friend, my King, my Lord and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment