Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Isaiah 49:1-6, Psalm 71:1-6, 15 & 17, John 13:21-33, 36-38

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 49:1-6, Psalm 71:1-6, 15 & 17, John 13:21-33, 36-38


Isaiah 49:1-6

My Beloved where You are there is the Father and the Holy Spirit and when You lay in secret in Mary's womb there was present the Triune God as well sanctifying her.  She was surrounded by the Cherubim, the Seraphim and all the choirs of angels who adored and worshipped You unseen and she joined in their adoration and worship.

God our Father made You a Light to  the nations and all men from the first to the last are saved by Your saving blood.  You were immolated on the Cross and the  sacrifice of Yourself as a holocaust was pleasing and acceptable to God in atonement for my sins and the sins of the whole world.  Thank You!

Psalm 71:1-6, 15 & 17

Many are the evils that surround us beginning with my own weaknesses and sinful inclinations.  Deliver me O Lord from the wiles of the enemy and save me.  In Your mercy hear my cry and make hasted to help me.  You alone O Lord have compassion  there is no other.  I trust You my Lord, You hear my cry and come to my aid for You have been my help from the moment I was conceived in my mother's womb.  Grant that I may praise and bless You all the days of my life.

John 13:21-33, 36-38

My Beloved, You love us totally and our callous indifference to Your love must be truly distressing.  We betray You like Judas all the time and we sell You for a paltry price to satisfy some ephemeral, selfish, sinful inclination.

You feed us with Your Body and Blood and instead of receiving the life You desire to give us we eat and drink damnation to ourselves as we step out into the darkness away from Your mercy.  Evil believed it was destroying You but God used man's own evil action and turned it around to bring about the greatest good in triumphant victory.  My Beloved, like Peter, despite my best intentions, I fail by denying You as Peter did. Like him, may I also repent and come back to You certain of Your mercy, love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment