Monday, April 14, 2014

Isaiah 42:1-7, Psalm 27:1-3, 13-14, John 12:1-11

GOD'S WORD FOR TODAY

Isaiah 42:1-7, Psalm 27:1-3, 13-14, John 12:1-11


Isaiah 42:1-7

My Beloved, You are the Son  of God chosen by Him to  be the One through whom we are all saved.  You are God from God, Light from Light, True God from True God sent into the world to show us how to conquer sin, the flesh and the devil.  You destroyed death and have given us hope of life.  Lamb of God, You who takes away the sins of the world are gentle, merciful, compassionate and kind.  You help to strengthen each one with love for You know we could not save ourselves.

You are God's covenant of love who took on a human body in order to be our food and drink.  Taking upon Yourself our human condition You sanctified it  You are the Light of the world.  Thank You for leading us away from darkness and setting us free from the slavery of sin.

Psalm 27:1-3, 13-14

My Beloved, You are my light , my salvation, my Lord and my God. You are my shelter and my strength You protect me from the wicked snares of the enemy.  You are my high tower, You are the fence around me so no harm can come to me.  No matter how high the troubles look I shall not be dismayed for I know You will help me to conquer and be victorious.  

My hope, my confidence is in You for You are goodness, truth and love.  I place all my trust in You and this is the reason for my strength and courage.

John 12:1-11

My Beloved, every person mentioned in these verses something about their personality and character.  You who are God and have authority over life and death was invited to dine in the home of Lazarus whom You raised to life.  Martha did what she does best.  She prepared the meal and served it.  Lazarus, the grateful recipient of a second chance at life and the rest of the guests reclined at table with You and enjoyed the pleasure of Your company.  As for Mary who did nothing by halves sought the best, most expensive perfume she had, broke the delicate alabaster jar and extravagantly poured its contents over Your feet wiping the excess with her hair.  Any service rendered to You generously in love fills both heaven and earth with exquisite fragrance.

Judas, tainted and tarnished eternally for his heinous offense and who will always be defined by it made a show of concern for the poor when in fact he was a thief and a liar in addition to the fact that he also betrayed the Son of God into the hands of evil.

Jesus is the champion of all who are responsive to His love.  He rebuked Judas as He rebukes all who do not have perspective.  The poor are always with us and we will always have opportunities to minister to them but the privilege of having Jesus' physical presence in their midst would soon come to an end.

There are curiosity seekers and genuine seekers of the truth.  Many seek Jesus the Person and many come because they heard of His works in either case, all are able to see and believe except those who are determined to deny Jesus no matter what He does to reveal who He truly is.  Those who choose to be blind and deaf do so at their own peril.

No comments:

Post a Comment