Sunday, February 2, 2014

Malachi 3:1-4, Psalm 24:7-10, Hebrews 2:14-18, Luke 2:22-40

THE PRESENTATION OF THE LORD
 
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Malachi 3:1-4, Psalm 24:7-10, Hebrews 2:14-18, Luke 2:22-40


Malachi 3:1-4

My Beloved, just as John the baptism prepared the way for Your coming so too must I be a precursor for Your arrival wherever I go.  Through the witness of my life those who see me must also be open to receiving You into their lives as well.

You are the Messiah and the Redeemer of the world.  Through You alone man can be saved and come to the Father.  Through You alone can we obtain forgiveness for your sins. The sacrifice of Your life on the Cross is the only acceptable sacrifice pleasing to God, our Father.

Help me to remember always that I am my brother's keeper.  Help me to be faithful to the mission I have received when I was baptized.  

Psalm 24:7-10

My Beloved, I open the door of my heart to You.  I know I am unworthy but I ask You to come in anyway and make it Your sanctuary unworthy though I am.  Thank You for coming into me at every Eucharist and for uniting me with You to the Father through Your Holy Spirit.  At every Eucharist I know I am truly one with You, with all in heaven and my brothers and sisters who share the Divine meal with me.

Thank You my Beloved for the awesome Gift of Yourself.

Hebrews 2:14-18

 16 Jesus came to take by the hand not the angels but the hu­man race

My Beloved, this has got to be one of the most comforting verses in Scripture. Thank You my Beloved for becoming one like us in order to save us.  Thank You for the Sacrifice that You made for us - the only sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to the Father.  Thank You for making it possible to offer this one, holy and perfect sacrifice eternally on our Altars at every celebration of the most Holy Eucharist.  Every time we offer this 'once for all' sacrifice we unite ourselves with You to the Father and we too become holy and acceptable to Him through the merits that You won for us.

Thank You for destroying and taking away all fear of death and setting us free to worship You in 'spirit and in truth.'  Thank You for atoning You atoning sacrifice that obtains mercy and pardon for You poor, sinful brothers and sisters. Thank You for Your saving help through the Sacraments that obtains for us grace in order to conform to Your image and likeness.

Thank You Beloved for everything!

Luke 2:22-40

My Beloved, in obedience to the law, Your Mama and Your foster father, St. Joseph brought You to the temple in order to present You to God to be consecrated to Him.  No one except Your parents, Simeon and Anna knew that You were truly the First Born Son and consecrated as Priest, Prophet and King.

Simeon's prophecy says it it all.  Recognizing You as the Savior and Messiah that was promised by every prophet before him concerning You, he himself prophesies about You as the salvation of the world, the Light to all nations and the glory of Israel.  He prophesied Your rejection, how men would be divided some accepting and others rejecting You.  He also prophesies Mary's role in Your suffering - the same sword that pierced You would mystically pierce her heart as well.

We are either for You or against You and we stand or fall by our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment