Friday, February 28, 2014

James 5:9-12, Psalm 103 :1-4, 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

James 5:9-12, Psalm 103 :1-4, 8-9, 11-12, Mark 10:1-12


James 5:9-12

Beloved, it seems the older we get the crankier we get and we justify our lack of patience with all kinds of lame excuses.  The opposite ought to be true of us who call ourselves Christians.  As I live my life in total surrender to the Father's will knowing that You have total control over my life.  Help me to be serene always.  Pride constantly gets in the way Lord teach me humility and let my prayer always be, "Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like unto Thine."

Psalm 103 :1-4, 8-9, 11-12

I bless You, I adore You, I worship You for You are worthy of all my praise, love and worship.  You have looked upon this sinful creature, You have looked upon my nothingness and Your heart is moved to pity, mercy and compassion because I am helpless without You.

You heal my infirmities, You forgive my sins.  You quench my thirst and satisfy my hunger. I have turned away from You often, deliberately putting my own selfish will before Your divine will and plan for me but You have not rejected me in anger.  You have come looking for me and having found me, You ministered to me and remembered my sins no more.  Help me Lord to forgive myself as You have forgiven me.


Mark 10:1-12
Verse 2

My Beloved truth is hard to swallow especially when it reveals unpalatable truths about ourselves.  Our lives are a sham, we put up this beautiful facade of being Your followers and we make an outward show of piety.  Just like the Pharisee we stride right up the middle of the temple, stand before You and dare to boast about our miserable good works and religious observances. In truth we are are miserable sinners and You are not deceived.

The Father sent You to be our Savior and Redeemer.  He sent You to show us the way back to His house.  Unless we face the truth of how much we need You we cannot be saved.  

Save me my Beloved lest I perish in my sins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment