Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2 Samuel 6:12-15, 17-19, Psalm 24:7-10, Mark 3:31-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

FEAST OF ST. THOMAS AQUINAS - 
PRIEST & DOCTOR OF THE CHURCH

2 Samuel 6:12-15, 17-19, Psalm 24:7-10, Mark 3:31-35


2 Samuel 6:12-15, 17-19

My Beloved, the Ark of the Covenant contained the Law, Aaron's rod and a jar of manna the food God had provided His people with in the desert.  The Ark was kept in the house of Obededom and he and his family were blessed.

Mary is the Ark of the New Covenant.  For nine months, You who are the Word of God, the Good Shepherd and the Bread of Life lay in her womb and everyone she met was blessed, most especially her cousin Elizabeth with whom she stayed for 3 months.

Thank You Lord for remaining in our tabernacles - silent and humble, waiting patiently for us to come and keep You company.  Thank You for making us the Ark of the Covenant each time we receive You in the Holy Eucharist.  Thank You for the rich blessings You give us each time we are made one with You in this Sacrament of Sacraments.

Psalm 24:7-10

My Beloved Jesus, my Lord and my God, I open my heart to receive You today.  Stay with me Lord.  Be my strength, my Guide, my Deliverer.  In You alone I place all my faith, hope, trust and love.  You are my Lord and my God and I adore and worship You.  Stay with me Lord today and always.

Mark 3:31-35

My Beloved in these verses You hold up for us the model of a perfect disciple, one who is a true believer in the Good News, "Whoever does the will of My Father is brother and sister and mother to Me." 

The model par excellence is Mary, Your Mama and ours.  Her response to God was always, "Let it be done to me according to Your word." May I imitate her always and thus always be pleasing to You my Lord and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment