Sunday, April 7, 2013

Acts 5:12-16, Revelations 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19, Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24, John 20:19-31




DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY



Confession Sacrament of Divine Mercy



DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 5:12-16, Revelations 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19, Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24, 
John 20:19-31

http://www.bibleclaret.org/bibles/english.htm

Acts 5:12-16

Miraculous signs and wonders have been seen through the ages and we will continue to see them until You come again.  These are given as gifts in response to faith.  Those who believe and are baptized belong to God and as children of God we are heirs.  You share Your divine power with the Church, she is allowed to partake and participate in the fullness of Your life and power which You pour upon her.  

This image of Peter being surrounded by throngs of people who bring the sick with them and flock to see him is even now visible in St. Peter's Square or wherever the Pope is.

Beloved, grant Your Church and the successor of Peter, Pope Francis the same grace so that when his shadow falls on the sick they will be healed and their faith restored and the Church strengthened and sanctified. Amen.

Revelations 1:9-11a, 12-13, 17-19


Do not be afraid! It is I! I am the First and the Last.  I am the Living One.  I was dead and now I am alive forever and ever.  The keys of death and the netherworld have been handed over to Me.

What need we be afraid of Beloved now that You are seated in glory at the right hand of God the Father Almighty?  You now plead for us and You direct the merciful love of the Father to us and we are saved.  Death no longer holds any fear we belong to You and in You we have the promise of eternal life.

Psalm 118:2-4, 13-15, 22-24, 

Verses 13- 15


13 I was pushed hard and about to fall,

but the Lord came to my help.

14 The Lord is my strength and my song;

he has become my salvation.

15 Joyful shouts of victory

are heard in the tents of the just:

“The right hand of the Lord strikes mightily,



My Beloved, I would have fallen had You not come to my aid.  You rescued me and saved me.  I would have died an eternal death had You not come to my held and revealed Yourself to me and drawn me into Yourself, pouring Your own life into me.  You are my Strength, my Song, my Deliverer and I exult in Your merciful, compassionate tender love.  This day is the Lord's Day and we rejoice and are glad.  You are Cornerstone on which the Church stands with Peter as the Rock. The Church and the Apostles are the pillar and foundation of Truth and the gates of hell are powerless against it.  Evil is vanquished and we are saved.

 John 20:19-31

Neither locked door or a closed heart can keep You out.  You can come and go where You please,  If fear holds us captives, Your Presence can send it scattering to the four winds.  Perfect love casts out fear.

By Your scars You are known.  The are the badges of love, honor, victory, glory and triumph. The marks of humiliation have now become the marks by which we are healed.  We look at You and our faces are radiant with joy.  Peace is ours in the midst of a dark, dark world  we have and enjoy Your peace, a peace that the world is incapable of giving.  Breathe on me, breathe in me, fill me and use me for Your glory

Thank You my Beloved for the forgiveness of sins in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.  Yesterday I experience Your great love and mercy through the words of the priest.

Grant me Your peace always my Lord! The peace that the world cannot give.

No comments:

Post a Comment