Saturday, February 23, 2013

Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48



 10th Day in Lent
Because I have redeemed you, because I love you, because you are Mine, I shall take you by the hand and lead you. I will keep you beside Me so wherever I am you also will be


Deuteronomy 4:34
34 Never has there been a God who went out to look for a people and take them out from among the other nations by the strength of trials and signs, by wonders and by war, with a firm hand and an outstretched arm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS
Deuteronomy 26:16-19, Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8, Matthew 5:43-48

Deuteronomy 26:16-1

This is the day my Beloved, everyday is today when You make a covenant of love with us.  It is new every today, when You remind us that only in perfect obedience prompted by love alone, will we be able to begin to repay all that You have done for us.  Obedience for the sake of fulfilling a duty is not as pleasing as obeying with all the love my heart and my soul possess. 

My Beloved, Your Catholic Church is Your Crown. She is Your Body, You are her Head and her Spouse.  It is You who sanctify her, You take her tattered torn and filthy garments and You robe her in Your own splendor riches and grace. You have placed her as a city on top of a hill and all who belong to her worship You in spirit and in truth. It is the only worship that is totally pleasing to God.
 
Psalm 119:1-2, 4-5, 7-8

My Beloved I need the help of Your Holy Spirit in order to be pleasing to You. In order that my prayer will be acceptable in Your sight. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Truth and Love who alone knows God and He dwells in me as well. He prays in me with moans, groans and sighs to deep for words and God knowing what I desire will grant me all I need. Teach me Lord how to be pleasing to You always by pouring upon me Your own sweet and gentle Spirit.

 Matthew 5:43-48

I call God Abba, I call You my Brother, my Spouse, my Beloved and my Friend and I possess the Holy Spirit whom I received at Baptism. He deigns to make this poor body of mine His temple. This is why it is not impossible for me to strive to be holy and perfect every day in the way that my Abba is holy and perfect for He supplies the grace. No matter how infinitesimally small my efforts are each day to strive after the holiness and perfection of God our Father, I will be pleasing and acceptable in His sight.

Each day with His grace, I shall be holier and more perfect than the day gone by and slowly and perhaps even imperceptibly, I shall make progress in the way of holiness and perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment