Tuesday, August 28, 2012

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3, 14-17, Psalm 96:10-13, Matthew 23:23-26


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS:


25 Woe to you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You fill the plate and the cup with theft and violence, and then pronounce a blessing over them. 26 Blind Pharisee! Purify the inside first, then the outside too will be purified. Mt.23:25-26


My Beloved, I know that the Father has created us in love and all our days must be lived in response to that perfect love which He has shown us.  He saved us in You and He perfects us in His Spirit in order that we might have a share in Your glory.  Stay with me Lord I need You simply because I am so weak and without Your strength, I will never reach the goal You desire for me.


My Beloved, we always think and speak of You as good, kind, loving, gentle, compassionate and tender hearted and yes all this is true.  You have a great love for those who are weak, easily to prone to sin but quick to repent and are truly contrite of heart.  But You will show no mercy to hypocrites who pretend to be good and seek to deceive.  You did not mince words when it came to stripping them of their blindness and revealing to them what they truly were – self serving men who used the law as a whip to wield power.  For this reason, they hated You with a malevolent and vicious hatred. Lord, help me not be a coward but to stand up with courage for what I know to be right, good and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment