Wednesday, April 25, 2012

2 Peter 2:9, 19, John 8:8-11

DAILY INSPIRATION:  2 Peter 2:9, 19, John 8:8-11

2 Peter 2:9, 19, 

 So, then, the Lord knows how to free from trial those who serve him 

 19 They promise freedom when they themselves are slaves of corruption: for people are slaves to whatever dominates them.

The first verse is very comforting my Lord where St. Peter says that You Beloved know how to free from trial those who serve You.

And the second verse which says that people are slaves to whatever dominates them is bang on target.

Something else that also hit the mark and touched a raw nerve recently was what You said to me in this verse from Ecclesiastes 7:9  

"Don't be too easily dejected, for dejection resides in the womb of fools."

I needed to know this piece of wisdom  because I have found myself too easily dejected.  Like a leaf blown about in the wind, I have found myself see sawing and allowing myself to be effected by the silliest of things and permitting it hold sway over me.  Thank You Beloved - You are the Master of straight talk Yand Your Word is as swift as an arrow and sharper than a double edged sword that finds its mark everytime.  THANK YOU!!!


 John 8:8-11

And he bent down again, writing on the ground.
As a result of these words, they went away, one by one, starting with the elders, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Then Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She replied, “No one.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I con­demn you; go away and don’t sin again.”

The Eternal Word bent down and wrote on the ground and her accusers left one by one  and  until He was alone with her.  Ofcourse You knew that they had all gone - You are God, You know everything.  One can almost feel her relief had having found reprieve.  You have said to me too many times over, "M---- Mine, where are your accusers?  Has no one condemned you?"  I respond, "No one Beloved."  And You say to me in the most loving and gently way You have of speaking, "Neither do I condemn you, go, and remember, sin no more."

I can trust You to help me to overcome my weaknesses - not all at one - that is not Your way.  But slowly, gently, tenderly, compassionately, kindly and with love beyond anything I have every known except in You, You will slowly but surely make me a little like You.

No comments:

Post a Comment