Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jeremiah 17:5-10, Psalm 1:1-4,6, Luke 16:19-31

Daily Holy Mass Readings:  Jeremiah 18:18-20, Psalm 1:1-4,6, Luke 16:19-31

Jeremiah 17:5-10
 
Blessed is the man who puts his trust in God and whose confidence is in him! He is like a tree planted by the water, sending out its roots towards the stream.
He has no fear when the heat comes, his leaves are always green; the year of drought is no problem and he can always bear fruit.
Most deceitful is the heart. What is there within man, who can understand him? 10 I, the Lord, search the heart and penetrate the mind. I reward each one according to his ways and the fruit of his deeds.

 My Beloved, I act foolishly sometimes and the fruit of such folly is bitter to the heart.  Teach me O Lord that true happiness comes from relying on You alone, trusting Your love and looking to You alone to sustain and satisfy me.

Psalm 1:1-4,6
 He is like a tree beside a brook
producing its fruit in due season,
its leaves never withering.
Everything he does is a success.

May I put my roots deep in You my Lord and draw my life from Your Holy Spirit in-dwelling in me.

Luke 16:19-31



31 Abraham said: ‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, they will not be con­vinced even if someone rises from the grave.’


My Beloved, You rose from the dead and so many refuse to believe.  How truly You have spoken.  People are afraid to believe because they know that if they do then they have to change and lead lives of holiness and perfection; with Your help ofcourse.  This they find either repugnant or too formidable a task.  I must admit it would be impossible if You did not supply all the grace we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment