Monday, April 11, 2011

Deuteronomy 20:3-4, Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62, John 8:1-22, Psalm 23:1-6

Daily Inspiration:

Deuteronomy 20:3-4

M--- mine do not let your heart be discouraged, or afraid, or troubled and do not tremble before them, for the Lord Your God is with you to fight in your favor against your enemies and save You.

Beloved, my Beloved, You promise to encompass me with Your Holy presence.  You promise to walk with me all the days of my life.  I can walk with the confidence of one who knows that God Himself does battle on my behalf.  All glory and honor is Yours my Lord.   Thank You. 
Daily Mass Readings:   Daniel 13:1-9, 15-17, 19-30, 33-62, John 8:1-22, Psalm 23:1-6


John 8:1-22, 

The Sinner John 8:3-11














While His enemies were plotting,
And scheming for His life,
 
Our Lord went out to Olivet,
To pray all through the night.
Returning to the temple,
After a night of prayer,
He found a group of people,
Already gathered there.

Sitting down among them,
He began to speak,
Of sacred truths that until then,
Were veiled in mystery.

Suddenly there was discord,
Disquiet filled the air,
The Scribes and Pharisees had dragged,
A woman to the square.

Her hair was tossed and tangled,
Her cheeks glistened with tears,
Her ashen face looked wretched,
Her eyes were wide in fear.

‘Sir’, they said with malice,
‘This woman that you see,
We caught her in the very act,
Of adultery.
By the law of Moses,
This woman stands accused,
To death by stoning as decreed,
Now Master, what say You?’

The evil mask of Satan,
Was stripped and stood unbound,
Bending down Christ wrote their sins,
On the dusty ground.

To end their questioning He said,
With patience wearing thin,
‘The first to cast a stone will be,
The one who has no sin.’

Their sins once cloaked in darkness,
Were brought into the light,
Beginning with the elders,
They shuffled out of sight.

She gazed at Him in wonder,
As He straightened up and said,
‘Where are your accusers?
Have none condemned you yet?’

‘No one Sir,’ she whispered,
‘I stand with You alone,’
‘Nor do I condemn you,
Go and sin no more.’

She felt a rush of gladness,
Peace overflowed her soul,
Life took on new meaning,
Once Jesus made her whole.

Myra D’Souza/27.7.2009

Psalm 23:1-6

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

























In the silence of my spirit,
My soul to You I raise,
Prostrate before Your Majesty,
My heart sings hymns of praise.
My inner being sweetly rests,
In pastures fresh and green,
My spirit’s thirst is satisfied,
In waters cool and clean.
The Lord is my dear Shepherd,
No evil shall come near,
I know my God walks with me,
His staff strikes down my fears.
I sup at His own table,
I feast on Bread and Wine,
His mercy, love and goodness,
Thru’ all my days are mine.

Myra D’souza / 4th June 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment